Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Finished the pizza sale..YEAH !!

The 2008 China team has finished their pizza sale tonight. It's really good to have that behind us. Now we trust God for the rest. He knows our need and we are truly blessed by those who have been kind to support us.

Last night the team met at Lynn's house and we began our book discussion from "The Language of Love" by Graham Cooke. It's an awesome book. Lynn and I went through it for Egypt. Loving it again. It was good to hear each team member share their story of why they want to go to China. We found we have common threads in our stories: want to go deeper with God, committing our lives to serve Him wherever & however, willing to go into the unknown, finding renewed love and passion in living for Christ, finding that God moves mountains of doubt and replaces it with assurance. I'd like to say that there are no fears or difficulties but that's not how it works: there's: travel issues, fear of flying, culture shock, weather (hot), real-life stuff...

Someone asked me how can you decide to go and know that it's God's will for your life. Well, I guess I step into it knowing that there are easy things many people will do here in our own country as first steps of serving but not everyone will go take the light of Christ into the Middle East or China. I've also found that something has been ignited inside of me...not a fear of going, but rather a fear of not going. I want to be obedient to hear and see Him work. Start walking into challenges, if your not supposed to go, God will close the door.

Philippians 2:12Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

1 comment:

Tina said...

Funny how that mindset of just walking on and leaving it to God to open and close doors. That's what got me to Egypt! All the doors and more opened wide when I surrendered to ....you know.....Whatever! Love you and I'm praying for this team and this mission.