Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Believing a lie

The objective of my quiet time has been to develop a personal relationship with God and to grow my devotion to Him.

I believe there was a time I thought I could really hide some of the things in my life from God. That was a lie. I think we all do it. We think we can hide those attitudes, thoughts...the real unattractive characteristics that aren't Christ-like. We try to pretend they don't exist or bury them beneath busyness.

Hey, what about this cool truth..He wants me to fully comprehend that He knows everything about me and that He still loves me unconditionally? He pursues me so I can know Him intimately and submit to how He is recreating my heart, renewing my mind and establishing me.

God always sees me as PresentFuture. It's a reality about God. He sees me now who I am but also can see me as who I will be. Will I be honest with myself and Him and allow Him to create in me His likeness?

Yes and yes.

Are you alright with that? God is pursuing YOU. To know God intimately, passionately, confronting Him personally everyday may be a struggle for you. It's been one for me. I encourage you to begin and not give up, press on.

Be known by the One who loves you with perfect love-God.

Peace be with you.

No comments: