Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Revolution of Jesus Christ

As I blogged in an earlier post I'm currently reading Renovation of the Heart..I am so impressed with the truth that Dallas Willard shares. In this statement he says "the impotence of systems is a main reason why Jesus did not send his students (disciples, apprentices) out to start governments or even churches as we know them today which always strongly convey some elements of a human system. They were instead to establish beachheads of his person, word, and power in the midst of a failing and futile humanity."



Wow! When I think of beachheads I think of the soldiers who landed in Normandy. They were to establish beachheads in enemy infested territory. The enemy was strongly rooted right where they were landing. In a moment my head is filled with pictures of the preparation that had to go into preparing for the landing. The skill and pla and understanding the risk and possible loss that was going to take place.



So I'm thinking what's a beachhead look like? Where's it land?



"They were to bring the presence of the kingdom and its King into every corner of human life simply by fully living in the kingdom with him."



It's not in the future - it's the present, right now.

No comments: