Friday, March 2, 2007

Missions


This team went to Egypt from January 25th - February 5th to do VBS and Sunday School Teacher Training. We did 16 services in 7 days. What an outstanding team! We learned to be flexible in all situations and to trust God to bring about things that didn't line up with our agenda.
At one point when I asked one of the team members to do something she just mentioned "whatever" using her hands to make a "w". This was her communication style to say "sure, I'll do whatever needs done". There's times I don't willingly signal God with a "w" with my heart or hands. I can be slow to respond, resistant to change and to busy to hear His voice. I'm finding if I'm flexible when God speaks He will show up in an amazing way. Well that was the case in Egypt. He showed up in a big way because of the willingness of each team member to be used! No one on this team came back the same. How can you remain the same when you have such a manifestation and an unforgettable encounter with "the Spirit of the living God".
We were humbled by the gentleness of the people we met, their earnestness in prayer and their faith in the midst of making a living in dire conditions. I think the most humbling was their request for us to pray for them after we had just watched them pray so fervently and passionately. It made us look at our prayer life and question if it was where it needed to be.

No comments: