Friday, March 2, 2007

Bono on my mind

Since I've been blogging I've been checking out a lot of other sites and doing a lot of reading while online. When checking out different blogs I start site jumping and suddenly I find I'm in a zone that strikes the passion of my heart....children...in Africa and around the world. Starting with Pastors.com I journeyed to many devotional sites, booksites, speaker sites but there was a thread that kept bringing me back to something that has been popping up for over a week. It was Bono of U2 and his work in Africa...yes, it's not new news...it's old news, he's been doing it for awhile now. However, there's something God wants me to consider and I think I may be getting closer to it. In an article from NBC news in 2006 by Brian Williams he wrote, 'This continent has become Bono's calling. It is an enormous task. He has put together an army of allies. From President Bush to the author of the "Purpose-Driven Life," evangelical pastor Rick Warren, who happily teamed up with the Irish rock star in working toward the same goal.
"He's the real deal," Warren says. "He knows what he's talking about. Bono understands what I call 'the stewardship of affluence and influence,' in that God does not give us either money or fame for our own ego. But we're to use it. It's a stewardship. And I love the way that he's leveraging the fame that he has — for good."


In my mind I'm being pulled back to the class I took in 2006 "Perspectives on the World Christian Movement" and perhaps it's a strange chord linking Bono's work with RED , One, DATA, and how it may impact kingdom work. Could it be that the 10/40 window may possibly close quicker since "felt needs" are being addressed on a large scale of influence.
Prime property to watch in the world - the 10/40. Get involved, start by praying, then by giving, then by going. You'll experience God-size life change.

other stops in the journey: The Independent, buylesscrap




No comments: