Sunday, July 15, 2007

Packing & Chinese culture with the Li's

I have to tell you that my husband, Len is an amazing man. I am so blessed to have him. He is so thoughtful and considerate of the mission drive I have. He sits back and watches me go a hundred miles a minute, be gone to meetings, come home late, work on the computer...he's a true partner in ministry.

Last night I invited him to our China team meeting. Yeah! with a mission in mind. I asked him if he would repack the suitcases for the team getting them close to the weight that they needed to be for the airport. He agreed to go and do this for the team.


Meanwhile we were upstairs having cultural lessons from the Li's. Dean, Ying and Jessica were invited to come to our team meeting to provide cultural information from their homeland. What a lovely couple. We sure enjoyed getting to know them. They were friendly, open and generously gave us information to help us while we are there in China.

Their daughter, Jessica, was adopted 7 months ago from China and is adorable. She loves melon, orange melon (cantaloupe) that is. She has a bottomless pit for a 3 year old.

We are so thankful for the opportunity to get to know the Asian culture and develop friendships with people from China.

I'm awed at the bigness of God in the world.

Thank you God for doors opening in China.
Thank you God for the China team going where YOU are leading.
Thank you God for the generosity and kindness of my husband.
Thank you God for friendship with the Li's.
You are good all the time.