Thursday, March 29, 2007

Turn your cup over.

I really enjoy our Family Life Staff meetings. (There was a time they were alright but somewhat frustrating because they felt superficial.) Now I look forward to hearing what Kevin, Director of Family Life at NewPointe, has to share with our team. The man cares about his relationship with Christ and takes it to heart what his role as a leader means. So much so that he spends a lot of time reading (A LOT) so that he has something to pour into us. He reminds us that "you can't give what you don't have". So that means I do more reading than I've ever done before in my life. I take it to heart that I need to seek God and strive to have a growing intimate relationship with Him. You see, it's not my husband's responsibility to grow me spiritually, or Kevin's, it's not Dwight's (our Lead Pastor at NewPointe) to be responsible for my spiritual development although they may be participants in it. Bottom line, it's my responsibility to develop an intimate relationship with God. The cup needs to be up and ready during reading of His Word, prayer time, at Family Life meetings, listening to Dwight speak, reading books, listening to a volunteer's story, through a conversation with a staff member or perhaps even with someone I meet at Wal-Mart. This is something I need to work on ...making sure my cup is turned over, ready to receive what God may be wanting to pour into me from someone else.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Faye, that is an awesome word for me today, thanks
T