Thursday, March 29, 2007

Part 2 Invest & Invite

The following is part 2 of the Wal-Mart story from Tammy Loos and her little daughter, Cassidy.

A quick trip to Walmart-haha! I was wheeling my buggie out of the door of Walmart and Cassidy was singing “Jesus Loves Me” again. I hear a woman calling “Hey lady! Hey lady!” My first thought was, Oh, no! I forgot to check Cassidy’s seat and under her blanket—I am accidentally stealing something! The woman rushes up to me saying she recognized Cassidy. I didn’t recognize the woman. She starts talking-very fast and excited. Her eyes are bright and happy, there was a real smile on her face; but this is the woman who was crying last time I was here. She spills her life to me again-she has a full time job with benefits & can now see a baby doctor, her neighbors have bought a new car & they gave her their old one, she went to NewPointe last week (with those same neighbors) and stayed for both services, she thinks there just might be something to this “Christian-thing” & she can’t wait until next Sunday and she can’t wait for her baby to be born.. so her baby can go to the ReignForest! By the time she was done talking, she was out of breath. Cassidy puts her little hands together and says “I pray”. The woman and I clasp our hands and before I could start a short prayer, Cassidy prays. I make out the words joy and thank you before she says a heartfelt “Amen!”. Cassidy then holds out her arms and tells the woman “Hug and kiss please!”. She asked me if it is ok and I nod my head yes, not able to say anything. We wave bye-bye and that was it. I still don’t know the woman’s name or who her neighbors are, but I guess that isn’t what is important!

What a great story of God's love coming through a little 2 year-old and her mother.

No comments: