Tuesday, April 14, 2009

He's Still Got the Whole World in His Hands

What an awesome Easter day. Our new series at NewPointe is so relevant. It's easy to forget with the downturn in the economy and everyday life ups and downs that God is in control. You can get too busy with life and miss the 7,000 promises in the Bible or forget to take time to realize that God does keep his Word and his promises. These promises can keep you balanced in the crazy times of life.

On Saturday night as I finished some preparations for Sunday I knew Easter was going to be a big "crazy" kind of day. We were kicking off a third service at 12:50 and we were expecting a big turnout...well it could be enough to keep you awake. I shared with my ReignForest volunteers in our Sunday morning huddletime the last item on my list which I made the night before.
#8 "Don't have a nervous breakdown - Trust God".
We all had a good laugh. I think they could relate. You wouldn't think you would have to be reminded that God is in control and you should just trust him, but at that moment when my mind wouldn't calm down...I really needed to act upon that confession. I was struggling with nerves and I needed to fess up and then affirm my action to "Trust God". After writing that last item and releasing my life to God, I went to sleep and slept well.

Easter attendance was 4,516. Almost 2,000 more than the previous year. Attendance in The ReignForest with just birth - 5 year olds 324 plus nearly a couple hundred volunteers.
Yep, I know who's in control and it's good to remember.
We can Trust God.
He is in control.

He's Still Got the Whole World in His Hands.


If it helps to remember it I'll write it down every day "Trust God".

No comments: