Monday, June 9, 2008

Grace

Tonight while working out at Super Fitness I got so energized by a book I am rereading and a song by Chris Tomlin that I was listening to on my ipod. The book, I've mentioned before is Captivated by Grace by Dr. David Jeremiah. I'm telling you the second time through I'm getting so much more out of it. It may be because I believe I've really grown a lot this year in my relationship with God and I'm doing a better job at listening to His "still voice".
Anyway, this book has helped increase my appreciation of grace by reminding me of the many benefits of grace that is provided through my friend and Savior Jesus Christ.
Here's what was getting my juices flowing so much until I had to start running on the treadmill....or I was going to get off of it and start dancing...that would have looked strange.
Here's what Dr. Jeremiah writes: "The grace-driven believer disciplines his passions as a military leader would discipline his troops. And what passions? Eating, sleeping, talking, playing. The Spirit of God will point you to the specific issues of your own life."
I see hope in discipline.
I'm learning that as I continue my plan with Thin & Healthy for eating and exercising. There is such a strong correlation between our spiritual journey and the discipline of taking care of our body.
The beginning of Titus 2:12 says "We should live soberly..." I always thought of that word in a negative way - Whoa, did I have that wrong...a good translation of the word would be "with self-control". Well, how do you take care of your body...yes, it must be soberly. And your relationship with God? Yes, soberly, so you can exercise sound mind and judgement in all your passions and desires.
Wow - this stuff is life changing.
Read the words of "His Grace Is Enough" by Chris Tomlin or go get it on iTunes
Great is Your faithfulness oh God
You wrestle with the sinner's heart
You lead us by still waters and to mercy
And nothing can keep us apart
So remember Your people
Remember Your children
Remember Your promise Oh God
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough for me
Great is Your love and justice
God You use the weak to lead the strong
You lead us in the song of Your salvation
And all Your people sing along
So remember Your people
Remember Your children
Remember Your promise Oh God
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough for me (x2)
So remember Your people
Remember Your children
Remember Your promise Oh God
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough for me
Your grace is enough
Heaven reaching down to us
Your grace is enough for me
God i see your grace is enough
I'm covered in your love
Your grace is enough for me
For me

No comments: