Monday, December 3, 2007

Hope in Times of Trouble

I'm reading this little book by the above title...
I'm rememebering my friend Theresa, whose retina has detached for the 2nd time, a new mother, concerned about her husband...
he may be mad at God over his wife's possible loss of sight, she wants him to trust God...



I'm reminded of a friend who is struggling with not feeling right, she needs someone to walk beside her to assure and remind her God's timing is perfect, His plan is perfect...
I think of a volunteer, a gifted teacher whose recent surgery didn't go as planned and now her plans are being rewritten for the holidays...
or thinking about being a good neighbor, taking the time to reach out to make new friends because God's revealed a door of opportunity...
I think of my daughter who is pregnant her hormones all over the place, she's sick most of the time and barely able to work, she even doubts her ability to be a new mom - the concern over her well-being is out of my hands - I place this into hands that are much more capable than mine...
it's great to be reminded that at the end of the day it's all about having hope in the power of God being revealed for His glory...
so live in the moment of worshiping God and find refreshment, encouragement for your soul.


No comments: